A gorgeous flower quilt for the baby room or wherever! Download the full PDF for quick access at home.
»» Die Cutting Machine
»» A1064 Fab Die
»» Sewing Machine
»» Thread To Match Or Coordinate With Your Selected Fabric
»» One Charm pack
»» Fusible Web
»» Cotton Fabric
»» Bias Edging
1. Select and cut your fabrics. Refer to the chart below for fabric and fusible web needs. To cut two of one shape, fold the fabric with the right sides together. Cut your fabric and fusible web to roughly the size of the die. Place the flat side of the die on the white base plate and your fabric/fusible web layers on top of the die. Put the metal plate on top of your fabric and sandwich it all together with the clear cutting plate. Adjust the roller width on your die cutting machine as needed and roll the plates through the machine twice (forward and back one time each).
• Cut and prepare fifteen 6 1/2” squares from fabric of your choice.
2. Arrange, layer, iron and sew your appliqué. Layer your flower and leaf shapes with fusible web underneath. Iron for ten seconds to activate fusible web. Secure your appliqué with a straight stitch, blanket stitch or hand stitch.
3. Cut, sew, and press your quilt blocks. From the two 1/2 yd. pieces, cut six 2 1/2” strips the WOF. Sew strips together in sets of three making two opposite sets. Press and stitch. Make fifteen blocks. Press and trim to 6 1/2” squares.
4. Arrange, sew and press your quilt blocks. After all your blocks are assembled, arrange the blocks in rows, five blocks across and six down. Sew the blocks then rows together and press.
5. Finish. Cut your boarder strips and attach to the quilt top. Press the seams. Layer the top; batting, backing and quilt as desired. Finished size is 40” x 35”.
We would love to see your latest creations and hear any ideas you may have for our next projects. Share your baby quilt and ideas with us online!